College, the very thing I daydreamed about besides high school. Again, I blame every 2000’s flick for making me excited for everything. They make it appear so dreamy, when I know it can’t all be like that, right?
Dear diary, I'm going to be real, I’m scared. Why? I’m scared of failing at what I’m doing. I’m majoring in something that I’m a bit insecure about. I’m not the best at math and it’s been one of my biggest insecurities. And no, I’m not in this major to “prove” myself. I mean-I’ve overcame so much academically. Took honors and AP classes throughout high school, volunteered a bit. Shoot, graduating with a 3.2 too? I ain’t half bad!
People say that college can be stressful, and I believe them. And they do say that my major is one of the “hard” majors. I don’t want to over stress myself because I already do that with a lot of things. (Leave that to the engineering majors.) Yeah, I do want to have fun, but this is college. Not only do I have to pay for it, but it helps guide me to a successful future.
My biggest fear in life and is not having a decent one. And I don’t even have to be rich; I just want to be well off. As long as I have enough money to have the things I need, I’m straight.
I want to party sometimes and enjoy college to the fullest, but sometimes I’m scared for myself educationally. I don’t want to be a failure. But every day, I know I have a chance to make good of myself. I start anew each day, and that’s my reason to keep going.
Y’all don’t doubt yourselves, because time will pass anyway; don’t waste it doing the wrong things. I know I’ll be aight, though.
- With love ๐

No comments:
Post a Comment