Dear diary, I’ve come to a realization that I need serious help.
I’ve been around, have known and used social media for my entire life. I enjoy checking in on people, seeing what they’re up to, what’s going on in the world and of course, posting my on little stuff. But at some point, it becomes unhealthy for me. I spend most of my time scrolling and finding something to post (which isn’t surprising). I find myself getting carried away.
If you didn’t know already, I’m a bit insecure (not sure I’ll ever have a “cure” for it), it comes with the territory. So, posting on social media can kind of be a big thing for me. So much so, that I’ve been caring about people’s engagement with my posts. I decided a long time ago, that the amount of likes and comments determine my worth or if someone likes me or not. This even extends to peers close to me, which is a damn shame.
But I’ve recently tried taking a step back, and reflected on it a bit (also thanks to outside resources.) Meaning, I need to take a break from seeking validation from the outside. I shouldn’t give a damn if “Tracy” or “Stacy” didn’t like my new posts, doesn’t mean they absolutely hate my guts, right? Either way, it’s a problem, and one way or another, it needs to be solved. And it will; one day at a time.
- With love 💋


No comments:
Post a Comment