Dear diary, I miss old Disney. Nothing will ever beat the aesthetic of it all. It's soft, hand-crafted beauty; nothing will ever be like it.

I remember sitting on the floor late at night in my childhood home, me my mom and sister; had Chinese takeout that night. We sat on our blanket on the floor, watching "Beauty and the Beast". Everything was so warm and cozy. Watching "The Princess and the Frog" and even Cinderella, gave me that same feeling. That made me imagine the life of living as a princess. Not necessarily the prince charming's, but the beauty this specific type of animation withheld, It's nostalgic. Their staticky voices, soft, and inviting thanks to the microphones then. It gave realism; wasn't overdone or anything. The ambient lighting created, the songs sung by choirs were dreamy. It was something every child could fall asleep to because, it was so slow paced and low stimulating. Now everything is all big, loud and giving extra cartoony realness. Don't get me wrong, Disney today is cool. And yes, I do love some of the newer ones. But this was my Disney, the Disney that I loved personally. Just like how I love the "Flintstones" and 'Little Bear", they have the same aesthetics. Nothing could ever compare to the looks and time taken of hand drawn cels, It really felt like love. RIP.

- With love ๐
completely agree with this take!! also I love the Little Bear shout, one of my childhood faves!
ReplyDeleteahhhh, so glad you agree! I have sooo many childhood favorites, I just couldn't name them all, lol.
Delete