Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Fed with a silver spoon

Do I like the things that make people rich? Yea, some of them. Their art is great and their content is great. But then I look at the world and its reality. 

Dear diary, there are so many people in need everyday. 18-year-olds getting kicked out of foster care, a parent surviving on their last check; the list goes on. I see so many people in need for money, begging for food, needing a place to stay or even just a conversation. On the way to a research program, I saw a homeless man near the road under a small tunnel we were going through. Only a shirt; holding his privates with his hands. It's insane, what people take for granted.  

The lord knew not to make me rich. But then, I wouldn’t be rich. The rich keep and invest theirs for generations. Elon musk either is or about to be worth a trillion. Why does anyone need to have that much? There are everyday people that give their last few dollars and yet people that have many riches can’t give any. Don't even get me started on them being silent about things going on in the world.

It’s not a jealousy thing; it’s a human thing. A lot of situations could change if every millionaire, billionaire and trillionaire would donate to people in need. Donate to organizations, BUILD more organizations. That’s also something the government could be working on.

And another thing! It sickens me how people could look at a homeless person with pure disgust. They are a HUMAN BEING (that just so happened to be in a more unfortunate position.) Public spaces wouldn’t even allow them to go in and order a coffee if they wanted, who gives a damn if they have the money for it? I saw a man opting to buy this homeless person something from a shop. The homeless person followed the guy in the store, to tell him what he wanted. The manager wouldn't allow him to continue staying inside based on how the person looked (as if they'd have to cash to clean themselves up). The blame is all on companies and wanting a “good” business. People don’t often look at homeless people as people simply because they think they aren’t on the same “level” as them. Whole time they're a few paychecks away from being in the same position.

Is it that hard to feel empathy, folks? 

And don't give me that “well you don’t know why they're homeless to being with?” Yeah, I don’t. And I know I can’t help every person in the world, but we can try little by little. This isn’t just about a person's possible stupid decisions, this is about politics, this is about systematic racism, economic pressures, mental/personal health, social challenges and MORE. There are a bajillion ways a person can end up destitute. No, I as a singular human being cannot help every person on this entire rock. But if I had an extra dollar to spare in the meantime, then jeez I'd let them have it. (And no, I’m not trying to force anyone to give anyone anything; I literally can’t. I’m just saying, only if you have it to spare)  

I'm not sure if this problem will ever get better. We as people seem to have an "out of sight, out of mind", "not my problem" thought process. What happened to community? What happened to advocating for change, no matter how small?  We all better pray we don't end up in a situation like that, because considering today's climate; I'm very freaking lucky.

And yet, I say all of this whilst typing on my 1k laptop. People really are hypocrites. 


- With love ๐Ÿ’‹ 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured

New braids who dis?

Chat wit me

iPod || ๐Ÿ”‹
Loading track...
Please wait
iTunes API
0:00 0:30