TW WARNING
Dear diary, sometimes it’s hard for me to distinguish between someone being satire or truly meaning it when it comes to wanting to hurt themselves.
I think as a generation, we’ve become so desensitized for it a bit. I think it’s because a lot of people joke about this too. At the slightest inconvenience, someone could say “I’m k*l*ing myself”. And you wouldn’t know whether to laugh or call for help. This is so freaking dangerous because if I do check up on them, they could say that they were just joking and that I’m being too serious (but even then, that could be a lie). Or, if I don’t do it, I’d regret it.
I’ve become victim of this too, and I do say it pretty often to myself. No, I don’t want to harm myself, but during an extremely embarrassing moment, I do think it, but I’m just being dramatic when I say it during those scenarios. I know for a fact that I won’t do it, but that doesn’t mean it’s the same for others. Someone could be as jolly as a kid on Christmas Day, yet have intentions of inflicting self harm.
When said out loud on social media or to the public, it becomes known to others. Now, it’s my business because, I cannot just let it pass. And I’ll be damned if I’ll be another example of the bystander effect. So to get rid of all of this, joking or not, Its important to just check up on people. It’s better to be “doing too much” than coming to a realization of not “doing enough” when you’re at their funeral.
I hope y’all are picking up what I’m putting down.
- With love 💋
————————
Hotlines:
877-235-4525
Youth line: (877) 968-8491
Trevor lifeline: (866) 488-7386
Trans lifeline: (866) 488-7386
988
————————
Websites
(https://www.iasp.info/suicidalthoughts/)
(https://www.hopeline-nc.org/)
(https://www.mass.gov/info-details/suicide-prevention-crisis-hotlines)
————————

No comments:
Post a Comment