Now, we'd have to search for that on YouTube or something. Nothing would ever beat the feeling of having your very own movie collection; with physical media, it's YOURS. If the internet were to go down, you'd still have your favorite movie or show; no subscriptions needed. Wi-Fi wasn't always there for me when I was younger, but do you know what was? Physical media. I remember loving to watch "Bring it on" on tape. When I tell you, me and my sister wore that tape out (which is black for using something a lot). I mean, we'd play it nonstop! This movie made me fall in love with the idea of being a cheerleader (I wasn't though). It was all fun until my sister broke it; if you see the tape running out, its completely done for, it wasn't fixable. That was one of the main downsides of having one, you'd have to be very careful. (Same with CD's, try not to get them scratched.) I remember watching "Love and Basketball" on one of those too. My grandma had kept boxes and boxes full of these, guys. Shoot, I was planning on keeping and taking those boxes for myself, when I get my own place. Too bad she gave 'em away (Except for the CD's, we still have tons of them, thank God.) But this goes for music too. Nothing will ever compare to the beautiful sound a vinyl in your living room makes vs. the speakers in our phones.
Gosh, I'm so happy some shops are still around, because I want to restart my collection on everything! I just wish physical media was more dominate today. I miss going to Redbox, I miss burning CD's and I miss going to laundromats and getting bootlegged versions of movies. I'm very blessed I got to live the last of the 2000's knowing what these are. Yet, I'd love to bring this back for my nieces and nephews, they can't forget peak!
Holla!
- With love ๐

No comments:
Post a Comment